The Ultimate Staycation Guide
Posted By: Bridget Cardillo
It’s that time of year. The sunny weather is calling your name. You are itching to get out of town to celebrate the 4th! But then you realize your wallet may be too slim for that luxurious vacation. Whether you are on a budget or you simply cannot take too many days off work, there is no excuse to mope around and have a pity party alone at your house! There are plenty of fun activities you can do to have the perfect “staycation”! Follow our guide and you will be a happy camper this Fourth of July!
For those of you who are craving a relaxing vacation, check out these ideas:
- Float in the pool to escape the intense summer heat!
- Hit up Red Box for the latest blockbusters or check out the On Demand listings. Kickback on your couch for an action-packed or romance-filled movie marathon.
- Treat yourself at the spa or give yourself a makeover. You will surprise everyone when they come back with your glowing skin or new hairstyle!
You outdoor enthusiasts won’t be held back this staycation:
- Visit a nearby hiking trail or national park and take in a few hours of fresh air and exercise.
- Who says you have to drive all the way up to the mountains to camp? Pitch a tent in the backyard with friends or family! It is just as fun (plus you have easy access to running water).
- Head to the nearest lake for a sunny day trip! Rent a canoe or a kayak and enjoy the water!
For all the parents out there, here are some fun activities for the whole family to enjoy:
- Ride some roller coasters and get the adrenaline racing at your local amusement park! Or take a break from the heat at the waterpark with the whole family.
- Visit nature’s most beautiful creatures at the zoo or aquarium! There are usually several activities to do once you arrive. From shows to petting zoos, the kids will love it!
- Spruce up your golf game or set a new personal record at bowling. You could even use this time to pick up a new sport like tennis!
- You can’t go wrong with America’s favorite pastime. Head to a baseball game when it cools down in the summer evenings. Give your local minor or major league team some love and cheer them on to victory!
If you prefer to stay at home, try these:
- Gather your fellow “staycation-ers” and host a potluck dinner or barbecue! Assign everyone a different dish to bring and enjoy a delicious homemade meal with close friends!
- Has your house been neglected lately? This is the time to finish that project you started in the basement months ago. Did spring-cleaning get away from you? It is never too late to tidy up your place and give everyone a nice, fresh surprise when they return!
Comment below with your ideal staycation plans!Pin It