Now Hiring – Prop Stylist Intern
Posted By: Casie Classey
Prop Stylist Intern
Corporate, Mobile accessory industry
Alpharetta, GA 30005
Part-time, unpaid internship for school credit
Exciting opportunity in our growing photo studio and marketing department for a student interested in tabletop prop styling. The intern will work with the photographer and graphic designers to make creative direction a reality. Must be able to express ideas and follow direction from brainstorm sessions, collect props and use styling techniques to present the best possible view of merchandise during photo shoots. Intern will also provide content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Working from a social calendar, intern will create original images revolving around the social themes and specific merchandise. Images for social posts may be taken with a smartphone; so little photography experience is required. Intern may also be required to do some retouching and graphic design production work during high volume, peak times.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
- Must have graduated, or be enrolled with at least a sophomore standing, in an undergraduate or graduate program at an accredited college or university.
- Ensure the prepping and styling of merchandise aligns with brand guidelines and creative direction.
- Based on art direction and theme, brainstorm ideas to represent products.
- Collect props. Maintain budget for props. Responsible for quality control of props for return.
- Order merchandise and maintain quality to return to warehouse.
- Use styling techniques and tools to enhance the look of merchandise.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Complete administrative functions as needed.
- Assist with production work for photography and graphic design as needed.
- Some experience in retail visual display or photo styling.
- Knowledge of latest trends in styling and fashion.
- A portfolio of a minimum of 5 images of original styling. Applicant does not have to be responsible for the photography, only the styling of the portfolio pieces.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send either a link or a sample of your work along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.